Sunday, January 25, 2009

2 more

Oh...I meant to add two other reviews earlier this week as I'm really trying to hit my quota so this blogging crap can end (this has become a blog of crappy movie reviews, if you haven't noticed) 

Y tu Mama Tambien (2001?) was excellent.  Two boys exploring adolescence on a road trip with an older woman.  A lot of debauchery added to how very real this film was.  This would have never left the ground in America (I just imagine loads of rioting PTA moms who think that there is NO place for this smut etc.)  As you find out in the end, the woman's unfortunate fate makes her actions throughout the movie retrospectively reasonable.  I though it was a fitting end, but it oddly kept making me think back to watching Happy Go Lucky.  Can't a woman just be a little crazy?  I'm not making sense...

Also this week I finally saw The Big Lebowski...it's a Kevin favorite and I don't think he would have let me go much longer without seeing it.  I loved the stranger cowboy and I'm happy I can now appreciate ALL of the references that i hear ALL OF THE TIME!  Kevin's bday is tomorrow and we're about to open presents...I got him some fantastic Russian vodka and a bottle of Kahlua...we're gonna be Dudes tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment