Thursday, January 8, 2009

what is the point of this, again?

I have kept a journal for as long as I can remember, and absolutely cringe at the thought of someone reading it. It has nothing to do with any 'dirt' that may be disclosed in its pages, but simply that keeping a journal is one of the few things I do for MYSELF and I would like to keep it that way. That is what bothers me so much about blogs...who am I writing this to? do I want people to read it? if so, that will probably change much of how it is structured...readable english, fun pictures, interesting info etc. But then why wouldn't I just make a webpage? The truth is that I don't really want anyone to look at this...nor do I like the idea of having my presence out there on the megawebernet... Ah well, though, the things we must do in the name of education.


I'm working at the reference desk right now, so technically not wasting any time. When I get home this evening I plan to waste my time doing the following:

1. Finish 'Twilight' - I didn't think I'd enjoy it, and I was right! Again, a class requirement...but, just think of how many potential new friends I will have thanks to my ability to make small talk about teenage vampires!
2. Finish watching Weeds Season 3, disc 2- My girly side will benefit from Mary Louise Parker. She's hot and dresses really great so when I watch the show I'm that much more inspired to actually brush my hair and care about my outfit.

1 comment:

  1. I've been following the Twilight phenomenon pretty closely for several months now, and if you're being forced to discuss it at any length, you may find the following blog useful/interesting: http://cleolinda.livejournal.com/602881.html

    ReplyDelete