Sunday, January 25, 2009

Benjamin Button

Speaking to the title of this blog...I wasted 3 hours this morning watching The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.  It is what it is, as was often repeated in the movie, and what it is is: a drawn out Forrest Gump-ey type tale.  The beginning is cute, Benjamin is this weird looking little old-man-child and he's trying to get a grasp on the meaning of his life.  The movie remains cute through Benjamin's adolescence and then it starts to really drag.  The idea is that he is getting physically younger throughout life, but when he literally turns into a child my last drop of appreciation for the movie was lost.  Growing all the way into infancy is just too unbelievable...the movie should have ended after the India scenes, in my opinion.  

In the beginning I was reminded of Youtube videos of Harlequin babies...I think I will watch them again although they are very disturbing.  Check it out but don't say I didn't warn you.  

To add to my irratability this morning, I got an email 'regretting to inform me' that I didn't get Phish tickets for the Btown show.  What the hell, guys?  Does an address RIGHT NEXT TO THE VENUE mean nothing?  

No comments:

Post a Comment